Monday, June 8, 2009

Man Made Dam Sketch


Man Made Dam Sketch
Originally uploaded by Ricky Holtman

I couldn't believe I ran in to this today. Rained all night here and then when I'm out sketching I got rained on several more times.. This page got wet numerous times but again the subject was unique in the middle of woods.
Why they used this old truch and debris to dam this creek I still haven't figured it out. But boy it made the water gurgle from underneath......neat sound while doing a quick watercolor and pen sketch.....there may even be pencil in there. I started and stopped too often and that old red oil barrel holding up the front end sounded like a drum when rain drops hit it. COOL and fun. I hope to do some type of painting composition of this sketch soon. Moleskine sketchbook.

Not For Sale

No comments:

Post a Comment